What Is A Rebound Relationship, Its Signs And Is It Healthy?
Ending a relationship, especially when it is a long-term one where you invested your time, energy, love, passion, etc., can be devastating and very difficult. It takes a lot of time to move on from such relationships, and there is no fixed limit. Some people may take a few months, while others may take as long as a few years. But often, people do not take the necessary time to move on from such relationships, end up in a new one, and the issues get carried on. Such a relationship is known as a rebound relationship.
Definition of a rebound relationship
As understood from above, a rebound relationship is when a person who has recently separated from a partner ends up in a new relationship before they took the time to heal themselves from the sufferings of the past relationship.
People have different coping mechanisms. Some may immerse themselves in sorrow, some read about Phallosan Forte, while others jump into new relationships. This may be to avoid confronting their past feelings or for petty reasons such as making their ex jealous. Some even get into these rebound relationships without actually having the intent of doing so.
Some signs that indicate a rebound relationship
Some signs may indicate a rebound relationship, although this is unnecessary, and these signs may mean something else, depending on the situation and the person.
- They recently got out of a severe or long-term relationship.
- They constantly talk about their ex and compare you to them or avoid talking about them altogether.
- Forming an emotional bond with them is tough, and you often find them emotionally cooped up and unwilling to share.
- You feel that the relationship is going too fast without any bond.
- The fastness is often related to sexual acts, and the entire relationship is mainly focused on said acts.
- They constantly seek your attention but forget about you when around other people.
- They keep you separated from your friends and family.
- They never commit to any long-term plans with you.
- They seem to show you off to an unhealthy extent, particularly their ex.
Is a rebound relationship healthy?
The first answer to anyone’s mind is no, which is true in most cases. Everybody makes mistakes, and often, people may not be 100% healed from their past relationships. This is not necessarily a bad thing but causes problems in future relations more often than not.
People may get into such relationships because they think that the love, attention, and care that the other person will give will help them heal, but that is not true and often leads to relationships that end in a short while because of misunderstandings and lack of emotional bond. The best idea is not to indulge in any such connections. This may lead to even more heartbreak and sadness and not heal anything. As for the other person, their feelings might get hurt, which might end up making you feel even guiltier. After a long relationship, taking time to recover is the best course of action for anyone.Read More