Understanding the procedure
Botox treatment is a procedure where Botulinum toxin injections are administered on the human body to see desirable effects. The same finds its applications majorly in cosmetic surgery (like removal of ageing lines and scars). However, it can also be used against other medical conditions, like migraines and spasms. The injection is derived from the bacteria of Clostridium botulinum and goes via multiple stages for reduced toxicity. The same has been approved by FDA and is currently used by several qualified professionals, like Revitalize You MD.
The upcoming content speaks in detail and showcases the action points under the procedure.
The working procedure
Since Botox is a neurotoxin, it temporarily affects the action of the nervous system in the body. It targets the nerve signalling processes and hence controls the contraction and expansion of the muscles. For any normal muscle contraction, the nerves release a messenger called acetylcholine that attaches to the muscle cells and causes them to contract or shorten. However, Botox prevents such releases and prevents them from contracting. So, the muscles get less stiff and the ageing lines get diminished slowly.
This is how the entire process works and brings desired effects on the visuals of the body.
Applications in cosmetic surgeries
The Botox treatment is used by professionals, like Revitalize You MD in the following areas of cosmetic surgeries:
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows, which are called frown lines in the common tongue.
- Wrinkles around the eyes, which are called crow’s feet.
- Horizontal creases on the forehead are the most common sign of ageing.
- Lines at the corners of the mouth.
- Cobblestone skin on the chin may look a bit odd at the later stage of life.
Hence, with all of these surgeries, Botox works effectively in offering the desired results.
Uses in other medical procedures
As per FDA regulations, Botox needs to be used only for patients who are above 18 years of age. Unless specified, exceptions would not be entertained in the matter. Thus, the following are major areas where the usage of Botox is allowed:
- Spasticity in the upper limb.
- Strabismus condition in patients above 12 years of age.
- Severe sweating in the underarms.
- Migraine conditions in people who experience pain for more than 4 hours in a month.
- Reduction of the symptoms observed due to an overactive bladder.
- Cervical dystonia affects the head and often causes neck pain.
So, Botox is not only limited to cosmetic surgeries but also across other medical conditions.
The entire procedure
The Botox runs as per a specified procedure, by trained experts like Revitalize You MD. The toxin is diluted in saline and injected into the neuromuscular tissue of the body. The toxin effect becomes prominent at 24-72 hours and lasts up to 6 months after this. It is very important to study the allergic reactions against it before moving ahead with the treatment.
Therefore, it is always advised to go for treatment from certified professionals and get the desired results.